What is LEED?
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design® (LEED) is an independent certification program
developed by the United States Green Building
Council (USGBC) for Sustainable Development.
LEED is the nationally accepted benchmark for
the design, construction, and operation of high
performance green buildings. LEED certification
provides third party verification that a building
project is environmentally responsible, profitable,
and a healthy place to live and work.
Why is LEED important to you?
- Lower operating costs and increase asset value
- Reduce waste sent to landfills
- Conserve energy and water
- Create a healthier indoor environment
- Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions
- Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances, and
other incentives in hundreds of cities
- Demonstrate an owner’s commitment to
environmental stewardship and
ASi and LEED
Automated Shading can provide solutions to help contribute toward
LEED points based on a building’s sustainable design that reduces or eliminates the negative
impact it may have on the environment and occupants.
ASi Shading Solutions
- Control daylight
- Lower heating and cooling costs
- Preserve exterior view
- Provide effective daylight
- Eliminate off-gassing with sustainable fabrics
- Minimize landfill waste by using recycled fabrics
- Reduce light pollution
- Combine daylight control with dimming to reduce
overall electricity costs
- All points are contingent on building projects and
require a USGBC representative